Let me explain……
Once you reach the age of 25 your body starts to lose a very important protein. This protein is Collagen.
Collagen is the primary natural protein found in your skin, hair, nail, joints and ligaments. Collagen accounts for around 30% of the protein found within the human body and is often termed as the glue that holds it all together.
From the age of 25 the average person starts to lose Collagen stores at a rate of up to 1.5% a year so by the time you reach 45, the collagen loss in your body could be as much as 30%. As you can imagine, this does nothing for slowing down the ageing process.
I’m sure you are familiar with one of the most visible signs of ageing… Yes, wrinkles!
They start gradually appearing at the side of the eyes, the corners of the mouth, the lips… etc, whilst simultaneously the skin starts losing some of its elasticity and as a result becomes less firm and plump.
But there is hope!
If the stores of collagen are renewed then signs of ageing can be diminished!
The Science of Collagen
Collagen is formed from 3 chains of amino acids – glycine, proline and hydroxyproline. These form what is called a triple helix. As we age, less collagen is produced hence the need to restore our depleting levels or suffer from the well-known side effects experienced by so many of us called the effects of ageing.
Collagen, in its raw form, cannot be absorbed. To be absorbed it needs to be reduced to a collagen peptide by a process called hydrolysis. Hydrolysis is a chemical reaction that splits the collagen protein into smaller peptides, forming short chains of amino acids that are easily absorbed. The hydrolysation process is most effective when performed using natural enzymes (enzymatic hydrolysis) however a process known as Acid Hydrolysis is commonly used. Unfortunately, this method does not completely break down the collagen hence limiting the bio-availability upon consumption and resulting in minimal results.
This method is however much more cost effective hence the reason why many companies will choose this process over enzymatic hydrolysis, in the production of Collagen peptides.
The source of Collagen has also been a topic of significant research over the past decade. The primary sources being Bovine (derived from cattle), Porcine (derived from pigs) and Marine Collage derived from the skin and scales of sea fish.
I'll be honest with you, at this point I was asking myself.......
- Which form of collagen is the most effective?
Collagen is a protein and it is therefore essential that it does not come into contact with stomach acid to ensure it achieves maximum efficacy.
The most effective form of Collagen is therefore one that ensures the hydrolysed collagen bypasses the stomach acid and reaches the small intestine. Using this method you can be sure that you are getting maximum absorption from any Collagen supplementation.
There are many different collagen supplements on the market – liquids, tablets, powders, and capsules.
- Which brand should I purchase?
After many days researching the factors which truly maximise the efficacy of Collagen supplementation, there was really only one brand that fulfilled all the requirements in one supplement, Alicsur Pure Marine Collagen.
For me it was really important that I used a brand that was suitable for Pescatarians (e.g not from bovine or porcine sources), that provided the level of bio-availability and efficacy that one should be able to expect from a collagen supplement and finally that was, given all these factors, fairly priced.
I originally started researching Collagen as a way to stop my hair from falling out and 6 months later, I was definitely not disappointed and I can honestly say that my hair is now thicker and fuller than it has ever been before. I really was totally sold!
But it didn’t stop there…. It was then that I realised that the fine lines around my eyes were diminishing and people were even asking me what I was doing as I was looking younger and my skin looked so vibrant.
That was the moment that I realised that I had to spread the word!
Pure Marine Collagen not only helps with hair loss but it visibly reduces the signs of ageing that we all know so well.
Are you susceptible to sunburn? Then try Platinum Collagen!
Platinum Collagen has all the benefits of our regular Collagen with the addition of Astaxanthin.
So what is Astaxanthin?
- Astaxanthin is a carotenoid produced naturally from Haematoccus Pluvialis microalgae.
- Astaxanthin is in a class of its own when it comes to antioxidant coverage as it filters into every cell of the body. Being one of the most potent antioxidants that is available today being 6000 times more powerful than Vitamin C.
- Astaxanthin is a potent anti-inflammatory and pain reliever.
- Astaxanthin acts like an inner sun screen and can give protection against UV radiation.
- Astaxanthin helps fight fatigue and provides excellent recovery from exercise.
We can offer Collagen with Astaxanthin at a reduced price whilst stocks last.
MORE REASONS TO CHOOSE ALICSUR
- Natural Enzymatic Process - Unlike any other Collagen product on the market, Alicsur Pure Marine Collagen is hydrolysed using natural enzymatic process hence why it was initially so appealing to me.
- Transportation System - Alicsur have developed a superior and unique transportation system using state of the art capsules which ensures the entire capsule contents of low molecular weight peptides, are available to be absorbed into the body. (The lower the molecular weight the better the absorption rate.)
- Acid Resistant Capsules - This is only possible due to the acid resistant composition of the Alicsur Pure Marine Collagen capsules allowing direct passage through stomach acid without the risk of being broken down and hence reaching the small intestine which, having a large surface area, is where the majority of nutrients are absorbed.
- Superior Bioavailability – Due to the unique transportation system described above, and the superior average molecular weight (2000 Daltons), the peptides are significantly more bio-available (available for absorption) than many alternative brands negating the need to unnecessarily inflate the dosage.
- Hydrolysation Process - Alicsur Pure Marine Collagen is hydrolysed using the natural enzymatic process. Together with the unique transportation system, Alicsur is well respected for being a far superior product in comparison to many other sources of Collagen available to buy.
- Halal & Kosher - Alicsur Pure Marine Collagen is both Halal and Kosher.
- Suitable for Pescetarians - As all Pure Marine Collagen, Alicsur Pure Marine Collagen is suitable for consumption by Pescetarians.
So…What are you waiting for, buy Alicsur Pure Marine Collagen today and re-ignite that youth and vitality we all long for!
I have only been taking the Alicsur Marine collagen capsules for a month and in the last week I can feel my hair is thicker and this week my Aunty even commented on how it is so much thicker and healthy looking. I hardly have any hair coming out on my brush when I brush it. I am also finding that I have to file down my finger nails more often as they are growing so much faster. I will be continuing to take the collagen as I am seeing the difference and I am sure that I will see the effects compounding even more over the subsequent months.- Beverly Hopper, Halifax